Friday, March 18, 2011

First training run since 1/31/11

So ever since my knee injury at the Critze Tybee 1/2 the first weekend in February- I've been laying low on running. I have had 3 races since that, meaning that in the past 1.5 months I've only ran 3x.
I knew the weather was going to be gorgeous today, so I brought my gym bag in and depending on how I felt was going to go on a lunch run.I swear I was like a kid in a candy shop walking into work today with my bag on my shoulder- I even said to a few of my colleagues "look what I have today!!!" (we're all pretty close so they know how stir crazy I have been)

 Considering it was 80 degrees majority of the day, I was going to wait till later in afternoon, but got a text from co-worker Ronnie asking if I wanted to go with him and Brian. We all 3 used to run together, but they are slower paced so eventually I did my own thing. Not wanting to push myself today, I dropped everything I was doing and  happily agreed and met them downstairs to change.
yay! Getting ready for first run (ronnie in background)

So if I wasn't a runner at heart I would say that it was a fail. It was miserably hot and I was reminded that even though it was only 3.3 miles, a fuel belt would have been super handy. I also started a cleanse yesterday so my stomach is a bit shaky for the moment & on top of that I'm due for my mother nature gift (yes TMI i know). A few times I had to walk, the guys were sweet and stopped with me thinking it was my knee, but actually I was TIRED. So all of those factors combined made the run quite difficult.... but I loved every minute of it, the good kind of pain. 

To finally feel no pain (in relation to knees and joints) is miraculous. Although my chiropractor said no running till April, (more to straighten out my legs vs. knee pain)  I think I might try at least 1 or 2 lower mileage runs a week just so i'm getting in some cardio and of course so I don't go insane. I'm not going to do anything crazy like push myself too hard or run every single day, but I can't describe how refreshing I feel, despite being a sweaty mess right now, to just let me legs hit the road. I don't want to jinx myself in saying this, but what the heck....

MAMAS BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment