Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Highlights from April


Is it really almost May?? I've been on a blogging hiatus because life got in the way, which actually can be a good thing. I have tossed around the idea of scrapping the blog altogether, but truth is, I gained some valuable friendships through the blogosphere which then led to some amazing adventures. Who knew you could gain so much from a little spot on the internet?

I may not blog as much, but I'm not going anywhere.  The last few weeks have been busy with so many things changing. As far as workouts- I'm still running 1-2x week, getting in some t25, but definitely not as strict as I was. As for everything else.. 

Living Situation: The roommate and I went house hunting (for rent) in East Nashville. I was a little sad to be leaving Franklin area and not looking forward to a long commute, BUT it would be worth it to save $$ for 1 more year by having a roommate whom I love. She dropped a bomb on me the other week that after all that time looking at houses together she wanted to get her own place- crap. Through divine intervention I happened to find a townhome in my desirable location that is double the size of the place I live in now, and with a roommate, I would only be paying $50 extra. I feel more at ease getting to stay in the area AND having more space #everythinghappensforareason

Job Changing: A spot opened up in our market that I've wanted for almost a year now. I have been shadowing the existing person for about 10 months  and have taken on part of their role in addition to mine, so my thoughts are I'd be a shoe in for back filling her position. My boss is super pumped for this opportunity (I'd still report to her) and told me she can't wait, soooooooo I'm pretty confident I got the new role which would be another pay increase- score! I nailed the interview yesterday, so I should know for sure at week's end / early next week the final verdict. This couldn't have come at a more perfect time as I'm trying to save everything up toward purchasing a home next year. 

Boys...I try not to digress on here often about men, but I have seriously thought about creating a blog to document all my dating adventures. Living in the south I have discovered a whole new breed of men which I deem to be the most dangerous- I call them the "not an asshole, asshole". These are the good guys- super Christian, incredibly nice, engaging, they have their shit together, and they are relatively normal.  When you're with them everything is fabulous and you have a great time. Then you learn they 'can't commit', yet their actions repeatedly say otherwise so you stick around because everything points to them being interested in you. 4 months later and you've finally had enough of the nice guy act and realize nothing will change and deep down he's an asshole but doesn't realize he's being one. It's honestly the worst because they truly think that as long as they tell you they can't commit, that excuses the rest of the boyfriend behavior. These ones are hard to spot at first, so tread with caution. Wouldn't you know that as soon as I say good riddance to one, a new potential comes knocking on my door? This one so far is in the "finally, this is exactly how a guy SHOULD act" category, but its the early stages so I"m sure plenty can change week to week. More to come on this one. 

Now on to the less juicy stuff but still fun.. 
  • Client visit to Charlotte- everything went well and we finished up 4 hours earlier than anticipated. We tried to get on earlier flight back home and as luck would have it, despite spending $1,000 to change my flight last minute (president of my market was with me and approved it), they were oversold and I couldn't make the flight. I very calmly talked to the agent letting him know that our company just shelled out $1,000 to get me on the flight and since I am not able to get on, I shouldn't be charged that amount and only have the initial charge on my card for my first flight. Apparently being nice works and they cut me a check for $1300- $1,000 to refund, $300 extra for inconvenience.  The kicker was  I was able to get on the next flight which STILL got me home 2 hours earlier than my original flight #winning. 



  • Ice seats we won in trivia to one of the last Predators game. Below was the boy of about 4 months, prior to everything fizzling out. 

  • One of my bfs Emily is a fabulous entertainer specializing in fire throwing / breathing / swallowing, acrobatics, hula, and aerial yoga. We finally convinced her to teach a class and boy was it hard. I couldn't stop laughing at how much I stunk. Luckily a few of us convinced her to give us some private lessons in her garage before the next monthly class. 



  • I dog sat for a week which only further confirmed how much I want a dog. In other news, it is officially pool season here- so glad we don't have to wait til Memorial Day!!!
  • I spent my first Easter holiday away from home and it was actually a nice day- church, brunch, pool time, bbq
Photo: Great service to kick start Easter Sunday. Can't wait to re-celebrate next weekend with the family #100happydays  #coraltwins #easter
  • Had an overdue ladies night watching Emily's aerial performance
Photo: The girls getting ready to watch @beyondwingsemily fly!! Love being to support my talented friends! #nashvillenights

Emily and her hubby in action
  • Went home for a belated Easter with the family
Photo: Proud aunt celebrating belated Easter #familytime

And came out the big winner of the Easter egg hunt- $101 richer


  • Rang in one of my favorites GOLDEN birthday - 27 on the 27th
Photo: Celebrating this gals GOLDEN birthday 27 on the 27th @87sarahmichelle #100happydays


  • Lastly after all this time I finally took the plunge and am crossing off a non running bucket list item

Now to find a fancy hat for this weekend... 

Any changes going on in your life? Recommendations on cheap derby hats?





10 comments:

  1. Girl, your life is so fast moving and exciting. I live vicariously thru you. :) Thumbs up on the job/house situation. Yeah dating sucks. Once you find a good one (aka my hubby!), gotta hang on for dear life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, I feel all caught up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza. The life of a single adult sans kid... I can't imagine doing that many things in an entire year, much less, just a few weeks. Congrats on the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do start a "Dating in the South" blog!!! Just your description cracked me up! I can only imagine!! Maybe you'll find some nice Yankee next weekend and you'll be headed my way to stay! Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh on the man front:/ I hope this one is a keeper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 27 on the 27th was truly one of the best years of my life. I traveled, I fell in love, I got married and shortly after I got knocked up. Hope this new fellow turns out to be one of the not asshole ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG we have to catch up. boys are stupid. and...play on players. i apparently found one too (yes, that you met- make out session, several run dates and phone calls and he's an odd bird). holy shit about the house!?!? and the job!?!?! all so exciting for you. and glad you are keeping the blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way about my blog. With having our baby girl now, I feel I should live more in the moment and spend less time blogging (writing and reading). I haven't made a decision yet, it's hard to stop due to the friendships I have gained over the years, but I also want to make sure my family is #1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I understand the men situation. So much going on! That's awesome - love the sound of a new place AND more space, my dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd read a dating adventures blog! It's been so long I can't even remember how to do it, but I know the stories I had made me laugh for hours with friends!

    ReplyDelete