- #1 purpose of starting the blog was to hold myself accountable, which it has. Not only do I feel pressure to do what I say I am, but also to keep up with my fellow peers, so THANK YOU for unknowingly helping me to not only check in with my progress, but also to push myself!
- In the process of meeting some of you! Its so fun to go to a race and know you are either going to finally put a live body to a blog, or see a familiar face! I've met a TON of Half Fanatics / 50 staters for group photos, AND finally am meeting some of my fellow bloggers.
- Right now I've met up with Rebecca from 50 half marathons 50 states and her sister L at a few races. I had the pleasure of running alongside her at the Disney Princess 1/2 (which helped me tremendously from walking due to IT band pain), and am planning on staying with her and her sister for the lovely grand state of RI in October.
|Bs & Ls @ Kansas - Wickedly Fast 1/2- I swear I'm not a GIANT, they are all just short haha|
|Me and B w/ Pocahontas|
|A bunch of Disney Princes?|
|Pirates of Carribean|
- After the princess 1/2 I randomly met Jill from Run for the Hills at the baggage claim waiting for my luggage- we chatted for a bit and she is in the process of potentially joining my Ragnar Relay TN team *fingers crossed*
- Over the next 3 weeks I have a blogger meet up potentially planned each week to meet more 'virtual friends!'
- Ashley from Redonkulous Runner and I are FINALLY meeting up for a run. We probably live maybe 15 min from one another and agreed we'd do a "fun run" together next week.
- Julia from Pain Pride Perseverance lives in Utah, but will be back home in Louisville Ky (my home away from home) and wants to do a meet up next weekend with us "southerners": Kelsey @ Go Girl, Ashley again from Redonkulous Runner, Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner, and Stephanie (don't know her blog..... yet!)
- Lastly the following weekend (9/16-9/18) I will be traveling home to pace my brother for the Air Force 1/2 marathon, his FIRST HALF MARATHON!!! Either at the expo, or before the race start, which i hear is breath taking, I'll have the opportunity to meet Jill from Life... as I see it! I'd also like to point out that every Friday Jill hosts a "Fitness Friday Blog Hop"- doing this is how I came across Julia's, Kelsey's, and Vanessa's blog- i.e. you find a lot of great blogs that way!
So I'd LOVE to hear how has blogging impacted your running, or social well being?!?'
Lastly, the winner from my pay-it-forward book giveaway is....
Jill from Life...as I see it
email me your address or I can bring to you at race, let me know what works best!
Randomly enough, I was one of the lucky winners of her Moeben Arm Sleeves last week, guess i really am 'paying it forward' haha.