Things I'm loving this week
- #100happydays challenge. You may have seen this hashtag around instagram or facebook- the premise of the 100 Happy days challenge is to find something each day that makes you happy and capture it on your media of choice for 100 straight days. If you make it through all 100 days straight, you get sent a little 100 page book with all your moments. Today is day 8 for me. I love that it forces you to find at least one thing that happened each day that truly made you happy, thus appreciating what you have in your life.
- Weight loss. I started T25 for a variety of reasons, but the two that sealed the deal was to give me a focus since my 50 states is finished, and to sculpt my body that 3 years of mainly running with minimal weights robbed me of. I was giddy when I stepped on the scale Monday morning to see I officially lost 10lbs, but more so that it got me back into a weight range I've been aiming for in the last several months. Icing on the cake was when I put on a tank to work out and it was super loose (it was skin tight across my lower abs when purchased)
I'll be working on cleaning up that bathroom mirror now
- Veggie Experimentation. I absolutely LOVE vegetables. I'm always experimenting for what I can cook in large quantities to last me a few days. My latest obsession is broccoli, sweet potatoes, parsnips, cauliflower, white onions and slice almonds roasted and then tossed in a pesto vinagrette I came up with. Combine that with egg on toast with jalapeno cilantro hummus and orange bell peppers and you have an explosion in your mouth. I've had this 4x this week and still not sick of it!
- Indulging in sweets. Despite all the good I've been doing in the kitchen, I still have a sweet tooth. I generally have something available to keep it at bay- lately its either hot chocolate or mint oreos (where I have 1 or 2). Not sure if its to offset all the veggies, but I've been craving sweets more often than normal this week. Since I've been good, I've allowed some indulgences as long as I trade off with something else. Last night the dessert 'trolley' came to our suite at the hockey game. This was my first trolley experience & was overwhelmed by all the choices. I couldn't decide between the peanut butter chocolate cake or the s'mores cake, so I got both! Sarah had a shot of patron coffee in a chocolate deep shell which was also tempting. For the record, I wasn't able to finish either.
- Twist on a classic. The other day I was looking for something on you tube (for the life of me I can't remember) when an ad popped up for some movie that is coming out shortly with Paul Walker. The entire trailer had a 'dark but seductive' version of "Stand by Me" playing that just really intrigued me. Apparently this version was also featured on "The Following", so a lot of people had googled it which made my search that much easier- band is Ki:Theory and I've been listening to it while getting ready in morning and find myself dancing. It starts out kind of scary, but man does it get good. Also, only video I could attach on here is really weird- ignore that.
- Busting a move. Speaking of dancing, I've been doing a lot of it lately. Let's set the record straight- I am the epitome of a tall white girl- I have no skills other than 'backing it up'. Thanks to the you tube channel Jessica Fitness, I've been doing a lot of dance workouts. Another "fitness" goal of mine is to be more flexible, coordinated, and just have better balance. I truly think this is helping. As an added bonus, if somehow any of my friends happen to convince me to go dancing this summer, maybe i'll have some moves? Leah and I already discussed that one night we are going to literally just bust out t25 movements on the dance floor to see who joins in. If that happens, I'll make sure to get plenty of documentation.
What are you loving this week?