Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thank you and #50 in the books!

For those who sent me messages on facebook, instagram, email, text, and called- I sincerely thank you for your kind words of encouragement and congratulations. Words cannot begin to express how I feel right now, but one emotion I can identify and  I'm filled to the brim with is gratitude.

I'm so thankful to have the flexibility, support, determination, and money to be able to start and complete this quest in a shorter time span I ever thought imaginable. Although I may not have the biggest blog, for those that have stumbled upon my little part of the world and have followed along for the journey, your comments and advice have been more beneficial and held me accountable than you may know.

I've got an 8.5 hour flight to get back into the mainland this evening, so I should have a recap by morning of the actual race. 

In short it was HOT, I took my sweet time taking photos, talking to strangers, and soaking in the moment. I did cry at the end- not the kind wear you tear up, I'm talking I thought I was going to hyperventilate because I couldn't breathe. I'm debating on purchasing the photo because its what I like to call "ugly beautiful".  In the interim- here is one after I cleaned myself off. 


Photo overload to come tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the recap! Congratulations in the big 5-0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!!! CONGRATS!!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted the "ugly beautiful" pic because there was nothing ugly about it. Again - chills just thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete