Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! As you can see from above picture, the running Santa was very kind to me. I remember when I was younger and there was a lot less technology / gadgets involved. If you would have told me 5 years ago that you if you get compression socks, a watch w/ a gps in it,  'reaction technology shoes' and a fuel belt that it would have helped improve my running I would look at you with a blank stare.

Still figuring out the GPS watch and all the features to go along with it- my only hope is that I have mastered it by the time of my next half marathon on January 8th.
As for the Newtons- went on my first run, 2.5 miles, on Christmas Eve. To be honest, wasn't exactly sure how to run in them, so majority of it was spent on my toes- which I now know is not the best way. I tried to wake up early this morning to do a Christmas Day run, but my right calf was in a large amount of pain. I've gone over it with the stick a few times and its starting to feel a bit looser. I'm always up for a challenge, and it appears that mastering these shoes might be just that.
As the new year approaches, all I can hope for is mastering the art of becoming a STRONG and CONSISTENT runner (being faster would be great too)

From my family to yours, wishing everyone a great holiday! And of course, good luck with all of your running goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment