- Thursday night stayed with Jenna, an old friend / roommate from back in Louisville and
pigged outate Melting Pot- shes pregnant so she has an excuse- me, well I just like food.
|Jenna and I last time I visited- we both have an affinity for taking photos with random signs|
- While at the Melting Pot, I had my first EVER stuffed mushroom cap (huge deal because I worked at the Louisville MP for 1.5 years and was too scared to try it)
- Arrive in Dayton Friday morning, lounge around during day, and get to play with nephews when they come over!!!
- First up is Joseph- 8 months. Son to my oldest brother Eric:
- Then I got to feed Codyn, 6 months- son to my middle brother, Andy
|Look at those big blue eyes!!|
- I finally got to give them their very first Mickey ears I bought them after Princess Half in Disney World
couldn't quite get them both to look at the camera
|Codyn and his Mama|
|Joseph and his daddy|
- After dinner, one of my good friends Kory came over before he left for a year in Turkey - he left today :( - we all got a little silly telling stories, playing pool and darts, been awhile since I've had THAT much fun (although I only took 2 photos)
|I was excited to drink my beer from this itty bitty authentic German stein|
|Kory and I|
- Actually got a run in the next morning (rare to run when I go home)
- Mom wanted to do our annual Easter Egg hunt on saturday since it was supposed to rain all day on Easter Sunday.
- Yes I'm 26 and my brothers are 33 and 31- we still have an Easter Egg hunt amongst the 3 of us every year... and we're competitive.
|The ladies with their baskets|
Courtney in action of grabbing an egg
Helping Codyn put his 1st easter egg into his basket
|The kids and grandkids after the hunt (of course i'm looking at the wrong camera)|
- After the Egg hunt, my mom dumps all the plastic eggs into a giant bowl, and we have 2 minutes to match up PROPERLY as many eggs as we can (color, size etc) and the winner of that gets an additional prize.
|in action putting eggs together- its much harder when there are 5 sets of hands reaching in|
|after the contest- i lost miserably (first year i've come in last) and loser gets BUBBLES!!|
- Shortly afterward it poured, and poured, and poured some more. I lounged around (its been so long that I didn't have somewhere to be that I took full advantage of being lazy)
- We had our "easter dinner"- pasta, bbq chicken, garlic bread, and my absolute FAVORITE spinach salad- sorry no pics
- One of my bfs Jen came over with her fiance and we chatted until wee hours of the morning.
- Had Easter breakfast, played with nephews, watched 'Mary Poppins' and 'The Joneses'
- Eventually everyone parted their ways, but I switched shifts at work for monday to close, so I had one extra night in Ohio before I would head back to work early Monday morning. We had dinner @ Applebees, followed by renting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1- amazing
- I have read all books, but for some reason just hadn't gotten around to seeing the last 2 movies.
- I went to bed, woke up early in the morning, had a nice omlette from mi madre, then made the 5 hour trip to Nashville.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, and for the lucky ones, spent with family