1. Lady luck is on my side for this week- i've had several co-workers come up to me to ask for a quick 'rub' hoping luck will come off them.
- Got a PR in Austin
- Found a cheap round trip flight to NY for next month's race
- Won free roundtrip air fare tickets from work yesterday
- Today won 4 suite tickets to tomorrow's Predators game
2. Surprisingly I had quite a few of you email after reading my Livestrong Recap and noticing in one of my photos the "organization" of my headbands
I actually have way more bands, but those are my 'often worn' ones. If you're a lady runner, I'm sure you've tried some company's headband before. Majority of them all work the same, but what I love about Chica bands is the price point, and variety. I'm a sucker for a good deal, so generally I'll wait to go to expos for their 3 for $30 deal, or check out their facebook HERE for certain specials going on.
My favorite is this bad boy below because it's happy, fun, and VERSATILE- I probably wear it at least 1-2x a week (hard to tell, but its different colored peace signs)
3. Yesterday after work I found out my plans weren't happening till 8pm, so with my free time I got in an unplanned run.... not just any run, an 8 mile during the week run. This NEVER happens- I am consistently a 5 mile on my lunch break during the week kind of girl. Even better was I felt quite lethargic but finished with an 8:24 pace -- woo woo
4. I've actually never ran past a half marathon distance (well maybe 13.5 miles), so in preparation for the ultra relay in May, I decided that I should probably explore past the 13 mile land this weekend. I was originally thinking 14-14.5 miles, but somehow J convinced me it would be a good idea to do 16 miles together on Sunday, EEEeekkk (mixed emotions of nervousness / excited to enter new 'territory')
5. Last week I exclaimed from the roof tops how excited I was about my Handful Bra that came in the mail HERE--- well I officially tested it out this past weekend for the race, and I'm proud to announce I'm in LOVE. I normally try to follow the rules of 'nothing new on race day' BUT I was too antsy and had to test it out. Zero chaffing, ultra comfort, and lets be honest--- its flattering in the chest region
Obviously Handful is targeted for a certain chest population, so if you fit into that category, I would HIGHLY recommend them :)
Have a great weekend everybody!