Thursday, February 23, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Yesterday was the first day of lent--- last year I went gung ho and gave up ALL dairy to just rid my body of inflammation. It wasn't hard at first because I don't do much dairy--- but ranch dressing and cheese were tough. This year I decided to give up 2 of my big vices-- I really don't expect it to make an impact on my health like last year did (losing 7lbs in 2 weeks was a nice surprise), BUT this will more or less cut back on 'addictions'

AND

No bacon and no sweets.  The bacon thing probably seems weird... but I LOVE it. I never make it, so its normally a staple when I'm going out to eat. Taken this weekend in Austin. 



Sweets is hit or miss for me--- basically my 3 staples are gummy bears, nutella, reece cups- yum! 

2. I secured my flight for NY next month to run this 
 It will also be my 25th state, marking my 1/2 point to my journey. Luckily I will be doing this race with my gf Heidi (did RnR New Orleans & Go! St. Louis w/ her) as well as we get to stay with our high school track buddy LaToya, so FREE STAY, gosh I love those!

3.
 lastly, and most IMPORTANTLY.... Since December work has been insanely busy. To help catch up and meet our customer's promises,  leadership offered overtime to anyone who was willing to put forth the hours. Obviously with the holidays, everyone was on board. As an added bonus, you were put in to win a drawing for 2 roundtrip tickets to anywhere in the continental US. Today we had our business update where they chose 10 winners.....
Yes... I WAS ONE OF THE WINNERSSSS!!!!  Obviously this is PERFECT for someone like me because I've been eyeing a few states that are pricey and now I can get them out of the way. I know I'll have to book through a travel agent, and there may be some limitations, but who cares, free is free!!!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome news about winning free tickets - perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! Congrats on the tickets! No sweets would be hard for me:) Nice goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, that is flipping awesome!! which state(s) are you eyeing?? i’m just realizing that bacon counts in restaurants for me bc they probably fry it- at least at home i do it in the microwave…:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweets AND bacon? You are very brave! Yay for 13.1 NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for free tickets! Good luck on your lent sacrifices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, you are giving up a lot of happiness for lent...
    Congrats on the airline ticket, where are we going next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YaY! for New York 13.1. I'm running it, too! Maybe I'll see you there. Congrats on winning the flights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, congrats on the free tickets. What an awesome bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what I would give up for lent? Maybe coffee? Nah! Maybe dairy.

    Congrats on the win! Like you said perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats so awesome you won the tickets!! Which states are the more pricey ones that you have your eye on? I gave up sweets for Lent too and I already totally miss them! It's going to be a long 40 days....

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU SCORED!! 2 tickets! With the price of gas these days you've won Wonka tickets! I would pick someplace as far away as can be! I'm like that though :)

    I could give up bacon but don't know that I could give up sweets. I wayyy too far in addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you find that cutting out dairy helped with your inflammation?

    Congrats on winning the tickets and good luck with the no sweets or bacon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh NY - fun!!

    I gave up bacon ages ago - of course I suppose the fact that I'm a vegetarian has something to do with that. And I haven't had candy in over 19 years ... so, yeah. I'm a freak!

    ReplyDelete