So tomorrow B and I venture down to Mississippi to run in their Blues marathon. Being a HUGE Elvis fan, I'm pretty excited about the theme of the race. As much as as I would love to be decked out in Elvis gear, didn't have the time or energy to figure out a costume. I did however get a blue skirt to represent 'the blues.'
I've never worn an asics skirt before, little shorter than what i'm used to, so a little nervous. It does however have built in shorts which seem long enough to prevent chub rub, so I guess we'll see.
5 things I'm excited for on this race:
- 55 degree weather- umm yes please!
- First time in a few races gu is actually provided (still bringing my own pineapple roctane, but free gu is great!)
- Chance to see Elvis impersonators on the course, and obviously get a photo op with a few of them!
- There is a hot tub in our hotel *heaven*
- B and I are spending the whole weekend down there- apparently there is a lot to do in Jackson, so we have a few activities planned to learn all about Mississippi!
Looking forward to recapping on this race and finishing my 5th state- long way to go!