Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. On a daily basis I'm always giving my clients nutrition advice and ideas of how to eat  according to their health goals. I've been recommending quinoa to many of my vegetarian clients or people who just need more protein in their diet and want to limit meat consumption. For months I've been postponing trying it, and I finally found an EASY & APPEALING recipe via Jill @ Run for the Hills, so I went Betty Crocker and made a batch to last a week! Its quick, easy, and a hearty whole grain w/ 5-7 grams of protein per serving! (great combo). I've been raving about it all week and force feeding my co-workers with my new found love. Thanks Jill!

2. I go through more cameras than anyone you will ever meet. For as long as I can remember I have gotten a new camera for Christmas bc I've already broken the one from the year before- exception was this year because I bought myself one over the summer since my christmas one already broke- oops! My current one I have been using seemed to have an issue where my zoom button doesn't work and gets stuck. February is the best month thus far for my race travels, Savannah, New Orleans, Disney World, and I MUST HAVE pictures to document and cherish these places... first time visitor for all 3! Did some research this weekend to find something decent thats small and light for running, but still takes quality pictures.... came in the mail today. Nikon Coolpix s3000
 I promised myself that I will limit the amount of drops this baby gets, and I will always have my camera case to protect it- lets see how long this one lasts :) 

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

3. One of my girl friends from Louisville is having her baby shower May 21st, so as soon as she told me I started searching to see if there were any races nearby- hit the mega jackpot and registered today.The Geist Half Marathon is held at 7:30am in Fishers, IN (suburb of Indianapolis). 
5 awesome pros: 
1. Registration was only $45!!!! 
2. Get to see family that otherwise I only see 1x year
3. Free place to stay
4. Mom said she would drive over from Ohio and do the 5k w/ my aunt and then cheer for me!
5. Less than 2 hr. commute to Louisville so I'll make the shower in time :) 

As I'm getting further into my training and races, I'm realizing how much value my weekends are. When I can combine friendship / family activities with a race OR  sat & sun doubleheader weekend, it gives me the satisfaction that there is more to my social life than just running (although running is awesome, its nice to have other interests as well) 

2 comments:

  1. haha, i search for races anytime we are going on vacation or a weekend trip too! i haven't had much luck this winter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it!! I find it quite delicious too. It's a complete meal!

    ReplyDelete