So I'm really bad about setting yearly goals- its too hard for me to think 1 year in advance. I do know that one goal for the year 2011 is to complete 21 half marathons in 21 different states. This will bring me to a total of 25 states, thus halfway to the long term goal of a half in each state! All other goals for myself I have set till June, 6 month mark, and will re-evaluate / adjust goals beginning of July as needed.
By end of June 2011
- Break into 1:40s at least once for half marathon
- Run first sat / sun half marathons back to back- might be doing a quad threat, 2 back to backs 2 weekends in a row- races being finalized. Apr 30, May 1, May 7, May 8!!
- Begin to branch out of just running for training- perhaps yoga, pilates, or p90x.
- more consistent with workouts- doing combo of running / weights/ other workout 4x week.
- upgrade my Half Fanatics moon status to Earth by completing 16 halfs in 16 states in 365 day time frame.
- run my first 10k 'race' and find other intermediate races to participate in on non half weekends.
- strive for 90-100 miles / month
- Figure out and make a step toward grad school / CHES certification (work to me)
- Less stress- focus on the small changes my clients are making, big or small and remind myself I help make a difference in someone else's life.
- Branch out of comfort zone and interact with other departments and meet more colleagues.
- keep eyes open for opportunities for development
- will join some type of running group / activities club to meet more people.
- do a better job to keep in touch with friends both in the city and back home
- talk with parents / siblings more- keep closer tabs on nephews
- Continue to work on saving money and not splurging it on weekends and going out.
MY OWN WELL BEING
- get back into journaling ups and downs before bed to help de-stress
- read at least one health related / self improvement book / month
- again with yoga or pilates :)
- work on time management so have more free time for others and myself of course
- positive self-affirmations everyday- remember to be thankful for my life :)