Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/2 2011 Goals


So I'm really bad about setting yearly goals- its too hard for me to think 1 year in advance.  I do know that one goal for the year 2011 is to complete 21 half marathons in 21 different states. This will bring me to a total of 25 states, thus halfway to the long term goal of a half in each state!  All other goals for myself I have set till June, 6 month mark, and will re-evaluate / adjust goals beginning of July as needed.

By end of June 2011
RUNNING
  • Break into 1:40s at least once for half marathon
  • Run first sat / sun half marathons back to back- might be doing a quad threat, 2 back to backs 2 weekends in a row- races being finalized. Apr 30, May 1, May 7, May 8!!
  • Begin to branch out of just running for training- perhaps yoga, pilates, or p90x.
  • more consistent with workouts- doing combo of running / weights/ other workout 4x week.
  • upgrade my  Half Fanatics moon status to Earth by completing 16 halfs in 16 states in 365 day time frame.
  • run my first 10k 'race' and find other intermediate races to participate in on non half weekends. 
  • strive for 90-100 miles / month
WORK
  • Figure out and make a step toward grad school / CHES certification (work to me) 
  • Less stress- focus on the small changes my clients are making, big or small and remind myself I help make a difference in someone else's life.
  • Branch out of comfort zone and interact with other departments and meet more colleagues.
  • keep eyes open for opportunities for development 
SOCIAL
  • will join some type of running group / activities club to meet more people. 
  • do a better job to keep in touch with friends both in the city and back home
  • talk with parents / siblings more- keep closer tabs on nephews 
  • Continue to work on saving money and not splurging it on weekends and going out. 
MY OWN WELL BEING
  • get back into journaling ups and downs before bed to help de-stress
  • read at least one health related / self improvement book / month
  • again with yoga or pilates :) 
  • work on time management so have more free time for others and myself of course 
  • positive self-affirmations everyday- remember to be thankful for my life :) 

4 comments:

  1. I'm digging the blog makeover.
    You're going to be one busy girl, but I know you can do it! Happy New Year!

    Consider yourself with a running buddy south of the city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals. 21 half marathons in 21 states? I'll be running into you a few times for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header...
    I know you'll be seeing Becka in Mississippi, lucky you!
    Be careful as you up you mileage! Be aware of your body and start cross training to prevent injury!!! Also, two halfs in two days is going to be fab u lous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies- looking forward to amping up the miles to see what can be accomplished.
    As for the blog- took me forever to find a background / set up I liked, but I think I found it :)

    ReplyDelete