Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tangent Tuesday

Lately my blog has been race reports from the weekend, with maybe one post in between the reports. Since I have no races scheduled (yet) till August, I PROMISE to be better about posting.

1. Thanks for everyone's kind words on my MIA post about making changes- in the end I need to focus on ME!
2. I did indeed find a new place to move and will hopefully be in my new digs by July 1- super excited because they have 2 pools- one of my favorite warm weather past time = a pool + book or good conversation + adult beverage... so much so, I noticed a pattern with some of my photos (in order of recent to oldest)

Drinks in hot tub at resort in Disney World 

B and I getting ready to head to pool in Disney World
Cabrewing last summer in Louisville 

Laying out in parents pool last 4th of July

drinks @ pool in Costa Rica 2 years ago


Cheers from Costa Rica
Cabrewing 3 years ago
3. I finally hit 300 miles the other day for the entire year. Its crazy to me how January I ran 105 miles alone, and then February and March I was out of commission (except races) due to injury. I'm FAR from my goal to run 1000 miles in 2011, but I think I can get there if I just get my butt in gear and go to the gym when its too hot to run outside. 

4. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the week- I love 3 day weeks- because I'm leaving for Bonnaroo Music Fest tomorrow evening, and won't be back till Monday morning. Nothing like little showering, blazing heat, good bands, scarce food, drugs everywhere (i don't use, promise), hippies, etc. I went last year and decided to go this year only because there were no other summer concerts I could attend- Excited to see Mumford and Sons, Black Keys, Girl Talk (my go to running music), Florence and the Machine, Arcade Fire, Eminem etc. Here are some photos from last year...
The infamous Arch into one of Bonnaroo's entrance

Me and Tiffany, one of my campmates (I promise my stomach is better this year)

you are NEVER too old for a slip n slide

the famous fountain that a lot of people bathe in 

during one of my fave bands- Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros

View of the cars and tents that are EVERYWHERE 

the party bus- they drove all the way from Cali.

This year I'll take much more exciting photos. I won't have blog access for a week, so everyone enjoy themselves and I look forward to catching up later on monday! 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip, looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I can't believe it, but I have missed Bonaroo and CMT weekend every year since moving here 6 years ago...leaving again this weekend for Ragnar Chicago!

    Stay cool and hydrated. Seriously - I'm worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I don't have any concerts lined up for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally going to get your 1000 miles!

    Have a blast this weekend. Small world...my brother-in-law is driving down from Boston to go to the same concert!!

    ReplyDelete