Since I haven't ran in over a week, I have nothing to report, so you can hear about my last week.
If you've not yet experienced an outdoor multiple day music festival expect the following things:
- Outdoors all day, no shade, forgetting to consistently reapply sunscreen = sunburn (my lips got real bad and swelled up and are now in their peeling stage- gross)
- eating very little- at the campsite i had pringles, pb & j sandwiches, cookies, pineapple, water and beer... seriously that was it. In the concert grounds I mainly had bratwurst, lemonade, beer, water.
- wearing a bathing suit 24/7 as your bra and or shirt and underwear.
- DUST everywhere- got so bad the last day, I looked like a bandit.
- Not showering- you get very creative with what to do with you hair.... we did braids.
- along with no showers, baby wipes become your best friend- wiping off the dust, cleaning dirt under finger nails, looking civilized.
- 20 hour days- sun wakes you up at 5:30am, 7am if you're lucky. Get back to campsite and in bed ranging from 2-4am.
- Lots of drugs available. No I didn't use any, but you can turn to the person next to you and basically get whatever it is you want, or just make a sign and someone else will come to you...
|side note- i found this on the ground... I just used it as a prop for this photo.|
- CROWDS of people... EVERYWHERE. 80,000 this time around
- music music music galore! if you honestly love good music, you will have a blast. 3 of my favorite performances... of course there were more, but these were my top
|Arcade Fire- put on an amazing energetic show|
|Mumford and Sons- one of my fave bands going into the festival so I was stoked to be able to see them|
|Kopecky Family Band- new find. Luckily they live in Nashville. Had the opportunity to speak with them after the show and got a heads up when they play next at one of our local bars. Nice folks!!!|
|Ashley and Zach|
- Everyone is friendly (depending on the type of music festival, this one was mainly hippies, so peace and love) made some random friends along the way...
|Kenny was from Canada and one of the concert photographers. He joined us for Mumford and Sons|
|Jen (next to me) is also from Canada- her friends ditched her so she joined us and offered up her vodka and pot to watch Arcade Fire|
|Don't remember where the guys were from, but they gave us necklaces, water, and drums!|
- naked painted bodies- no I didn't take any photos.
- tons of artistic vendors- bought some glasses, earrings, and a ring
- depending on who you go with, will depend on your experience. This year I went with a great group of ladies and I had way more fun as opposed to the following year. All in all, had a blast.
|watching Band of Skulls w/ the ladies- the blurry is actually dust|
|Watching She is We- me, Danah, Katie, Ashley|
|Getting ready to enter into Bonnaroo|
|outside our campground. Me, Danah, Katie, Ashley|
|cleaned up a little bit and ready to head back out for round 2 on 1st day|
|It's getting HOT! Watching Matt and Kim (great show)|