Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reach the Beach Ultra sneak peak

Thanks to a 3 hr delayed flight added to my 2.5 hr existing lay over, I discovered the Blogger app!

This past weekend was by far one of my most memorable weekends to date.  It solidified my love for running and continually working to get better. I will recap my legs once I get settled (I chose to be runner 5, bc apparently once again I can't read an elevation map and runner 3 was the 2nd hardest leg)

Animal print pants outta control was a HUGE HIT amongst the runners and volunteers...and of course each other.

In our division we placed freaking 2nd (woo woo) with an overall time of 27:19:29, an 8:10 avg pace. The exiting part (for me) is that only one of my runs, 13.30 miles, was over an 8:10 pace, so I never felt like I was 'the slow one'

The race itself had 165 teams finish, and we placed 39th.

More photos will come- below is Katy, me, and Jodi before the race. Kyle, Scott, and Craig (the robot) walking toward finish line so we can run in to the finish line together as a  team.



9 comments:

  1. really those outfits couldn't have been more perfect!!!! i can't look at them without smiling. woooo on rockin' the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had the robot too! Of course...y'all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those great pictures, those outfits are awesome, I bet you were a big hit. Great job to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to you and your team!! looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome!!! Love the outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those outfits are awesome!!! You and your team did awesome!! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Great job:) Way to place 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! 8:10 that is an amazing avg pace! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete