Monday, May 14, 2012

Sexy and I know it.... I work out (the outfit)

Came home from work today and it was like CHRISTMAS with all the packages I received. Among other things, one of my outfits for our Race to the Beach Relay came in .....

As said before our team name is "Animal Print Pants Outta Control", and we all bought different types of animal print pants. I bought a "patchwork" animal print from bskinz, which I think a few other people did, AND we all bought the "Party Rock Gym I work out" shirts from ebay.


I will probably be cutting my shirt up to make it more like the video, however I'm going to wait to see what everyone else does because I am not the creative genius in the group. I would just like to say that I ordered both of these items on Thursday and I got them by Monday, excellent service!

So Adam (the roommate) and I were having a little fun with my new outfit and we were trying desperately to recreate some of the dances in the "Sexy and I know it" video. After many failed attempts, and a little bit of alcohol, I came up with the Lisa freestyle version. I hope you all laugh as much as I did. (please note I never claimed to be a good dancer- at the end of the video it's me saying "Adam, I'm tired")

Obviously if you can't tell, I'm a bit goofy and like to have my fun. I'm extremely anxious to see what the guys come up with in their outfits as well. Aside from their love to dress funny, they're all pretty handy and were able to make 2 hammers for our MC Hammer theme this past fall out of scrap carboard
.
Tonight I emailed everyone to see if they were going to make a robot head-- immediately got 3 wayed w/ Scott and Craig laughing about it saying they were literally discussing it as the email popped up.

Not sure if people will run with it on for a temporary run, or if its just for dancing... I'm all about the dancing. All the boys DO have speedos from a spring break a few years back... I was trying to convince them to bring them along--- we had to do a 4 way chat to get Kyle's consent (he's the only one in a relationship) and after probably the funniest conversation I've had in a long time-- the men decided to wear speedos...but there's a catch. 

I have to bring all my colorful bathing suit bottoms for them to choose from and to see which ones fit best. I have a bigger butt than ALL of them, so it should be interesting / embarrassing / entertaining to see if any fit. Basically I learned that a camera is going to be HUGELY necessary for this trip. One of the best things I like about co-ed relays is they add a whole different funny element to things, it will definitely be entertaining to say the least!!! 

Have you ever done any fun themed relays?
this will be my 4th relay, but only my 3rd where we dressed up for it

Any suggestions on different props we could use for our outfits?
Right now we have animal spandex, workout shirt, afro, gold chains, glasses, and we're making a cardboard robot head. Few people are bringing chuck taylors

14 comments:

  1. Haha, great video! You are sexy and we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are going to have SO much fun! Your team sounds amazingly fun an I totally wish I was on it! My Ragnar's team name is Sexy and We Know It! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Now you have me thinking about ideas for Ragnar in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, your outfits are so awesome! And of course your sweet dance moves...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! Great dancing!!! You're team is going to be the best looking ones out there...how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahahaha. im getting more jealous every minute. this is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What if you strapped the robot box head to the front of your van?? that would be awesome! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS!!! Your dancing is hilarious and your team name ROCKS. :) It's going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny! You are going to have such a great time:) I dance all the time at home for (to annoy) my kids. Usually they just ignore me until I block the TV or something, then they are forced to watch me:) Don't worry, I don't do it in front of their friends. Haven't even done a relay before and am dying to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be such a fun race! It is already cracking me up. Nice dance moves by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are really not a bad dancer :) you at least have rhythm! and what an awesome team idea. as you know, i am clueless in this arena. there is a new nike shirt that says “i work out” and i NEED it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your relay sounds like so much fun!! Awesome outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That video had me laughing, too funny! Never been in a relay but it sounds like a blast will be had by your team! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear how this goes! I am doing my first Ragnar in June and I am super excited! I also just signed up for an Ultra Ragnar in AZ in Feb... we still need more people... just sayin'! Good luck! LOVE the dance moves!

    ReplyDelete