Thursday, March 31, 2011

3 things Thursday

We'll start with the bad, and end on a good note.


1. So I finally moved all my stuff from one place to the other (which is a stress all in itself) earlier this week. I was super excited because the house is MUCH nicer, in a better location, and I won't have to freeze to death just by sitting in my own room. In comes Murphy's law- had a gas leak, turned gas off. Our heat is gas based, ie, NO WORKING HEAT for a few days. As luck would have it, absolutely NO hot water for a few days (finally went elsewhere to get a hot shower last night) Washer stopped "spinning" last night so now clothes are dripping wet and won't dry even after 3 cycles in the dryer. If I haven't complained enough, there are 2 of us on the main floor. The other girl owns some type of terrier (similar to 'Lady' from Lady and the tramp)- now although adorable, she apparently has anxiety, and the second my roommate leaves for work in the morning (a whole 2 hours before I do), the dog starts wining and barking non stop, thus waking me up and making impossible to go back to sleep- errrrrrrr.

whew that felt good to rant for a few- now on to more POSITIVE

2. Today is my 'friday' at work because I leave tomorrow for our Easter Bunny 1/2 in Clemson, SC on saturday. In the spirit of the race- I will most likely be decked out in pastels and I purchased bunny ears for B and I; already told myself if the ears are annoying I will hand them off to a kid spectator. I Haven't raced in 3 weeks, so it will be nice to finally get back into the swing of things. I calculated it out, and starting this weekend I will be gone every weekend till May 14 for races  + Easter weekend with the fam. Guess I like keeping busy.

3. Immediately after the race on Saturday, I'll be making the drive back to Nashville to meet my folks for the remaining of the weekend. They haven't been back to Nashville since the  Women's 1/2 back in September, and I haven't even seen anyone in my family since Christmas, so I'm pretty stoked to hang out.... guess I do get home sick every so often. As an added bonus, we're going BED SHOPPING and thrifting!!

Everyone enjoy your weekend and I'll leave you with pics from parents last trip to Nashvegas!


Mom and I outside of 'Boot Country Store' after leaving pre-race dinner

Dad and I after the race at a Wine Festival I treated them too
I now know that running + wine afterward is not the best combo


Parents and I at Gerst Haus- German Restaurant across from Titans Stadium 

3 comments:

  1. Nashville sounds so fun! I stopped there twice - both while moving across the country. I wished that I could have had more time to explore the city and check it out. But what I saw I liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend. So Sorry about your housing problems.

    I'm going to borrow you bunny ears idea for a race next month. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck this weekend! So great you get to see your parents! Oh, and thanks for the comment on my post...traveling with kids is hard but totally possible! :)

    ReplyDelete