Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Best Friend"

After realizing how June was a workout wash of a measely 25 miles ran, I decided that July would be a much different story. Part of me got this crazy idea that it would be a grand idea to double up my cardio the day after a miserable 10k race and do a 5k hilly run to work on landing midfoot, followed by core synergistics from p90x.

Afterward my calves and quads were tight and on fire. No matter the stretching or pounding with my fists, nothing seemed to alleviate the pain or loosen up the muscles. Defeated I was getting ready for bed and out of the corner of my eye I see an old friend....

I couldn't help but think he was secretly chanting "USE ME!!!", so naturally I obliged.

Guess it shows how IN-ACTIVE my June was since I didn't need him, but so thankful to have him in my life as he gives me the tough love I need to feel refreshed the next day! How did I ever survive without him???
Cue Queen's "You're my best friend" music...


Do you have a 'workout survival' tool that you can't go without??

1 comment: