Friday, July 1, 2011

My pathetic June...

I need to get better about my goals, i.e. setting them and then following through. I decided to look at my pathetic month of June as motivation for July kicking some serious BUTT! I loved Kim @ (Just) Trying is for Little Girls template, so I will be borrowing / modifying hers to organize my plans.  

June in Review and whats in store for July

Miles Ran: This number is ridiculous, are you ready for it.... 25! Seriously?!?! In my defense,  majority of my free time that I would normally run was spent packing then moving

Miles for July- 60. I know its not a lot, but considering I haven't been running as much, the last thing I need is to develop IT Band syndrome again for increasing my mileage too much

P90X DVD workouts planned/completed:  I started p90x on tuesday so I'm 3 days in- my butt and abs are sore, but other than that, so far so good. 

July- Planning on completing 1st phase for the lean option in p90x and I'll almost be finished with the second phase by end of month. I'm hoping to bring my laptop or portable dvd player for my one race I have planned and my out of town wedding, we'll see what happens. 

Highest Mileage Week: 8

July- 20

Races planned/completed: 0  

July: 2; My first 10k- 4th of July I run for the Party, and was able to fit in a half mary on my birthday weekend-  Presque Isle 1/2 on July 17th.

Long Runs Planned/Ran: 0

July- For me I"m going to count anything OVER 6 miles as long, I will have 1 1/2 marathon, 1 10k, then 2 weekends when I'm able to run, totaling 4. 

Current Book(s):

The Long Run: Matt Long, an NY fire fighter / marathoner, overcomes recovery from a terrible bus accident and getting impaled by his bicycle to become an elite athlete once again. He has his own website too [here]

The Girl who Kicked over the Hornet's Nest- 3rd and final book in Stieg Larsson's Lisbeth Salander series. Don't want to give plot away in case others are reading the other two books.

Current Obsessions:  Raw veggies,  p90x, and organizing / decorating / cleaning (lets hope this lasts!) 

Current Drink: Always water, Advocare's spark (for energy) and Meal Replacement protein shake for after workouts (it actually tastes DELICIOUS)  

Current Song (s):  'The Passenger' by Iggy Pop- not a running song, more chill and relax. Thank you Captain Morgan commercial :) 
For running and getting ready in the morning to pump me up, anything by GirlTalk.

Current Wish-List:  Normal weight about 162, currently at 159- ideally would like to be under 155 by end of July. Also would like more weight options for p90x- I have  2lbs, 5lbs, 10lbs, 30lbs, and 40lbs- large gap b/n 10 & 30. 

Current Dislike:  Limited diet while cleansing- no sugar + no alcohol = unhappy Lisa

Current Goal: Sub 50 min 10k, Sub 2 hour 1/2 mary in July (since I haven't ran a race since Memorial Weekend, worried about being rusty) LTG- be able to run 6 miles consecutively sub 8. 
 
Current Excitement:
  getting to see my family for my birthday, Taking my 'after' photos 30 days for p90x,  all my Louisville ladies coming into town next weekend for a bachelorette party! 

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I didn't realize your June was so "mileage free". It's tough to keep it up when life gets in the way!

    True confessions for P90XLean--I never use over 20 lb. weights. Am I a wimp or what? I just checked over my spreadsheets. I also dropped Legs and Back because I was doing it on a day that I ran in the morning and it just killed my quads.

    So smart to take your before pics for P90X. My husband didn't, and he just looks amazing after. You are going to do so well with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten SO lazy. I haven't done P90X in ages. Running has sucked and outside of racing I only ran about 40 miles last month.

    I think my heaviest weights are 15. I'll pretend it's because I'm petite, not because I'm weak :D

    ReplyDelete