This year I decided to do a low key birthday with family and running- got a little of both.
- I took an extended weekend (Friday through Monday) to do 2 of my favorite things- visit family, and do a race.
- Sister-in-law Courtney came and picked me up from airport and I got to hang out with her and my nephew Codyn all day while waiting on the rest of the family to drive up to Columbus for my birthday dinner celebration!
|He likes to suck on things- my finger for example!|
|playing in his pool|
|this is his serious face- I got this the majority of the day as he was observing me since I'm "new" to him in his life.|
|ahhh baby blues.|
- Rest of fam arrives and we meet my dad at one of my fave restaurants that unfortunately we don't have in Nashville- Bjs Brewhouse. Their menu is intense in terms of selection- I worked there a few years back in the evenings, so I already knew what I was craving....
Parmesan Crusted Chicken--- mmmm.
- After stuffing my face it was time for cake- or in this case, my mom's cookie cake
|Traditional mother daughter w/ cake pose|
|They were both mesmerized by the flame from the candles.|
- Afterward we head to Andy & Courtney's house that is being built to check it out- quite huge and impressive.
|Holding "my baby" - Andy, Court w/ Codyn, Tracie w Joseph, Eric|
- Say goodbyes, head back to Dayton for the evening.
- Mom and I head out to Erie, PA for state #18 (race report to come later- race did NOT go well)
- I have a slight tendency to LOVE to take my photo with inanimate objects- so I made my mom take some photos...
|Got lost on our way to find the towns Goodwill- a pre race tradition- found this gem|
|So far north that apparently this is acceptable- on way in to TJ Maxx|
|Post race food at Sallys Diner|
|Got lost AGAIN trying to find the Goodwill (it was closed day prior so we tried again)|
- Take nap after race (MUCH needed)- decided to tour Presque Isle- although gorgeous, unless we wanted to go to the amusement park, wasn't too much to do. Tried to get some good views of light houses, but that was a no go. sand was SUPER hot to walk on.
- Left the beach and finally found the thrift store- got a few good finds and then headed to the new Harry Potter movie- excellent as anticipated.
- Completely exhausted + getting sick earlier in day = going to bed early so I can get a good nights sleep.
- Drove back to Columbus, got dropped off at brothers and hung out with Court and Codyn before having to go to airport again.
- Yup and that was my weekend- doesn't sound like a lot, but it was just what I needed to get away and spend some time with my fam since I don't get to see often... would have more photos, but most were taken with mom's camera, and still waiting to get an email with those in them (hint hint mama J)