Now that everything *seems* to be taken care of, I do plan on a few runs before the Chicago Rock n Roll this weekend.
In the mean time, since I've been away from blog land, there actually were a few positives!
- we had our 'kid block' at work. Basically for a few hours all the employees can bring in their kids and we have a mini fair for them out front. Although I'm not a kid, I still had some enjoyment!
|Yes that is cotton candy, and a balloon turtle bracelet on my hand!|
- 2 of my good friends threw me a belated birthday dinner, drinks, cake, and presents!!!
|cake was lopsided!!|
- I got new running shoes + socks + gu for $100! It was tax free weekend here in TN. How it works is that any back to school items you pay zero tax on, as long as the item isn't over $100. You can spend over $100, just not on one particular item. The nice folks at fleet feet marked my shoes down, gave me free swiftwick wool socks ($17 value) and my gu!
- The shoe itself is a Saucony Women's Grid Fastwitch STABILITY racing flat- didn't know they made racing flats with stability!!! (I need stability since my knees pronate in) I'm excited to try them out this week, and potentially for sunday's race- haven't decided yet.
- My BEST FRIEND RJ got married on Saturday! The wedding itself was a small outdoor private ceremony- family and bridal party only, so I met up for the reception.
- They went with a 20s theme- all guys wore bow ties, the brides dress was 20s inspired, old style cokes, lemonade, tea, decorations- it was precious. I've been slacking on my photo taking ability and only got 3 photos from the whole thing (i know i'm bad, so I took some from facebook)
|Rjs parents, brother drew, bride Allison|
|had a band walk them over to reception|
|Groomsmen Brian and I with our props to take our photo for the guestbook|
|Every Saturday they have a huge dance at Centennial Park- FREE. Reception was right next to this.|
| after reception, drinking back at hotel. Can't believe hes married!|
- Finally finally finally found a bed spread that works for my room. I had a mishap with the washer and 'thinking it would fit" a few weeks back. I have literally gone everywhere to find something reasonably priced and that I actually liked. After at least a dozen trips and many purchases / returns later, I finally settled on this...
|I promise my room DOES have decorations on wall, just not surrounding my bed.|
- Lastly the weekend was finalized with being able to lay out by the pool all day sunday and enjoying an excellent episode of True Blood!
- Looking back, despite the week having a major toll on my emotions, there was actually a lot of good to come out of it!